Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwproxy remap
yanSi
I was reading the admin guide and I found something disturbing. On page 128, there's a note that reads:
"The proxy server does not allow you to remap the document root directory for Content Store branches other than the default Content Store"
My understanding of the iwproxy_remap section of iw.cfg is that it is responsible for making sure that path to images such as src="/images/bob.gif" in your GENERATED html files appear properly in CCPro. If that section in iw.cfg is not set, you may need to have the paths set one way to get them to display properly in CCPro and you have to change them before you deploy to your web server so they displays properly there.
If I am correct, I don't see why content stores other than default are useful.
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
It really depends on how you architect your image repository. If you use relative paths and have a directory called /images in your workarea/staging area and you also have a similar directory beneath your web root on your website, then you shouldn't even need to use a proxy remap. Also, in this case, your store/branch structure does not even matter.
I don't have access to the documentation atm to look up the context of what you are reading, but my guess is you are misinterpreting what it is saying.
~Jeff
yanSi
Lets say my htdocs folder looks like this:
/images
/levelA
My levelA folder contains a theses files
/levelB
cat.html
My levelB folder contains this file:
mouse.html
Now in /htdocs/levelA/cat.html, I would, WITH IWPROXY REMAP, reference an image like this src="/images/dog.gif" or WITHOUT REMAP as src="../images/dog.gif".
In /htdocs/levelA/levelB/mouse.html, I would, WITH IWPROXY REMAP, reference the image like this src="/images/dog.gif". WITHOUT IWPROXY REMAP, I have to reference the file like this src="../../images/dog.gif"
Now, lets say that cat.html and mouse.html are generated from the same DCT. How am I suppose to figure out, in my tpl, how to reference these links?
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
jbonifaci
Well, if you're doing a proxy remap, it shouldn't be a problem, you would redirect all /images references to /htdocs/images. Which is obviously the better solution. If you want to do it without a proxy remap, your tpl would need to figure out how many ../'s to add based on the location of the generated file. This would of course break if the generated file were moved from it's current depth.
~Jeff
yanSi
I would obviously prefer to use proxy remap but I would also like to use data stores other than the default data store. I don't think anyone would want to start calculating how many (../)'s they need in the tpl and things can get pretty complicated where that wouldn't even work.
If there is no other way around this, I think data stores other than the default are totally useless.
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
jbonifaci
As I stated before, I'm not sure what context you read the above in, but you can use proxy remaps in any backing store.
~Jeff
nipper
Jeff said if you want to do it without the proxy remap, then you need to calculate ../../../../../
That is why IW has the proxy, it will work inside or outside TS, yes you can map to different stores. Or servers.
"The proxy server does not allow you to remap the document root directory for Content Store branches other than the default Content Store"
This means you cannot change your docroot to a different store. You do not need to do that. ALl you need to do is whenever you see /images, point to a different store for those.