Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Changing Group Access Permission of WorkArea
rohitspathak123
I have created Workarea called 'WA1' and set the Access for these Workarea to 'Group1' .
Now I want to change the access right of 'WA1' to another group called 'Group2' .
How to go for it ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
could you give some more information about your environment?
TS version?
Windows? Unix?
Is Group1 the Shared Group of your workarea?
Stefan
rohitspathak123
I am using TeamSite 6.1 on WIn 2000 SP4 .
I have created workarea 'WA1' and assigned its permission to group 'Group1'
Now I want to change the permission to 'Group2'
Regards
Rohit
Lozza
You could:
Publish an edition
Create a new workarea (with the new group ownership) based on this edition
Rename the workarea to the desired name
Delete the original workarea after testing
An alternative would be to:
Create a new workarea (with the new group ownership), based on the INITIAL edition (should be empty)
Copy To... the contents of the old workarea to the new one.
Rename the workarea to the desired name
Delete the original workarea after testing