Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Compare
kaalraa
Hi there,
I have a different requirement altogether. I need to compare a DCR of two branches. I know it can be done using iwcmp and can be updated using iwupdate. Whereas my requirement is to show users the comparison of the 2 as in visual format.
As it was shown within Interwoven after clicking Compare Versions. Can we use that applet within our customised code?
Other suggestions are also welcome.
Environment: TS 6.5 / SP2 on Solaris 8
~ aks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe there is a long-standing FR for visual comparison between DCRs - however I don't believe there is anything in the product that provides that functionality - only source-level comparison.
You can contact Support to find / associate your organization with the FR (or create a new one if they cannot find it) - but otherwise you'll have to develop your own application to do it (and I don't believe it will be trivial)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kaalraa
Thanks Adam,
As per your confirmation stamping.... i will proceed my work with the other workaround.
~ aks
Migrateduser
Have a look at this:
http://software.decisionsoft.com/tools.html
I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to wrap it in a CGI to make a custom menu item that might get you most of what you want.