I was looking at the FTP adapter with OD 6.02 and managed to create a loopback deployment that then triggered an FTP adapter deployment.
All worked well.
I then
*deliberately* broke the adapter config so that the FTP server details were invalid as I wanted to test my workflow routines to see whether they detected failure.
However, issuing
iwodstart darrenftp appeared to complete successfully.
Locating OpenDeploy service.
OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173
Got OpenDeploy service
>>>>>-- Start deployment darrenftp.
iwodstart running in default synchronous mode.
Need to wait for deployment to complete.
>>>>>-- Deployment darrenftp finished:
ID: m1 Start time: Wed Dec 21 13:29:19 CET 2005
Status: Completed
The issues are reported in adapter logfile as below.
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:20 CET GMT+01:00 absPath = c:\rcv\requests\37474a382af0bf21-253bb4471084ce980b6-8000.xml
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:20 CET GMT+01:00 In FtpHelper:
ut()
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Caught exception: pidev02
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 UNSUCCESSFUL in establishing ftp Connection
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Printing out the Manifest item details
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Path = requests\37474a382af0bf21-253bb4471084ce980b6-8000.xml.job
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Type = FILE
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Action = NEW
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Reason = NEW
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Status = COMPLETED
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Target Area = c:\rcv
ADAPTER: 2005-12-21 13:29:23 CET GMT+01:00 Source Area = Y:\default\main\B2B\ImportRequests\EDITION\ed_0013
This looks like a nightmare to parse and pickup failure.
Am I missing something (as usual)?
I am sure I have read the entire manual on Adapter framework.
Win2K Pro
TS 6.5 SP2
OD 6.02 SP1
Thanks.
Darren.