Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Add dynamic properties to JS Object
cliffhanger
Is it possible to add properties(params) to a JavaScript object dynamically??
Something like:
var parameters = new Object();
for(var i=1; i<=N; i++)
{
parameters.("myParam_"+i) = SOME_VALUE;
}
??
I've already tried this, and it gives me an error that I was expecting : "identifier expected". Wondering if there's another way of achieving this functionality, and/or some way of manipulating the parameter string so that JS considers it as a identifier.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks!!
-cliff
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Just a shot in the dark - i.e. untested - perhaps:
var parameters = new Object();
for(var i=1; i<=N; i++){
var key = "myParam_"+i;
parameters.(
key
) = SOME_VALUE;
}
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
You have to use 'eval' IIRC, it looks something like:
eval("parameters.myParam_ " + i +") = SOME_VALUE");
I may not have that exactly right, but hopefully it will put you on the right track.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.