Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ECM Solution is not using CS SDK!
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 SP1
Solaris 2.8, Windows 2003 EE
ECM Solution 1.1
We installed the ECM solution into our test windows box last week and our solaris development box last night. Everything worked fine in windows without any tweaks. However, we had some issues getting things to work in Solaris:
1) The path to iwmnt was not correct, it was being pulled from the request parameters and was not our path at all
2) We were unable to import the files we selected from MediaBin without proper permissions. I had to make my workarea world writeable for it to work.
I did some further digging (suppose I should have done that earlier) and noticed that the ECM connector is not even using the CS SDK. Files are being written using standard Java FileOutputStreams (causing invalid permissions). Extended attributes are being set using Java system calls instead of the CSSDK EA objects.
Before I throw that away and write it using the CS SDK can someone from Interwoven confirm whether or not it will be rewritten correctly, and when? Also, I am curious why this was not written using CS SDK in the first place.
Thanks,
-Bill
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cliff1
Bill,
I'll see what I can did up on issue #1-- this is first case that I've heard of about not locating the correct iwmnt path.
Issue #2 is a known issue and is documented in KB article 53986. As you point out, many of the problems stem from the fact that the connector is not using CSSDK. The connector was written prior to the getClientForTrustedUser() call was available, so there was no way to get a CSSDK handle. Recall that the import servlets are invoked from a PT tag, which may be running as a workflow. This means we cannot depend on having access to an IWAUTH being available.
We are working on a future release and the issues that you cite will be fixed (in addition to some new features like search). I don't have a delivery schedule in place yet, but I can tell you that we have a working prototype in the lab. The main difference is that the next release won't be source code, it will be an actual toolkit. This means a tighter integration into the ContentCenter UI (using the same widgets, etc.), but also means less flexibility for developers to yank it apart and do something different.
Hope this helps,
Cliff
Engineering Manager - TeamSite Client
Edited by cliff on 09/02/05 10:52 AM (server time).
Bill Klish
Thanks for the follow up.
Should I open a support case regarding #1?
cliff1
Yes, opening a support case is a good idea. This will allow support to collect all of the details and it provides a real process for resolving the issue.
Cliff McBride
Director of Engineering - ECM Platform
Migrateduser
Bill,
You said that the path to iwmnt was not correct. Are you talking about the path that is constructed to write (and read) the imported file via the IFS?
If so, you should be able to workaround this problem by setting the correct value in your iw.cfg file, under [locations] iwcgimount.
In the tags iwov_worksite_import.pm and iwov_mediabin_import.pm there is a method get_iwcgimount that tries to determine the correct location to access the IFS. Of course this won't be needed if the connector is switched over to use CS SDK.
I hope this helps.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Bill Klish
Brinko,
I just ran iwgetlocation -a and it returned the proper value to me in a unix shell. Somehow when it is read from the request parameters inside of that servlet it is not being read correctly.
/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/bin> iwgetlocation -a
iwhome=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home
iwbin=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/bin
iwconfig=/etc/iw.cfg
iwstore=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-store
iwmount=/export/apps/intrwvn/iwmnt
iwcgimount=/export/apps/intrwvn/.iwmnt
iwroles=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/conf/roles
iwlogs=/var/adm
iwconfigs=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/local/config
iweventlog=/var/adm/iwevents.log
iwserverlog=/var/adm/iwserver.log
iwtracelog=/var/adm/iwtrace.log
iwdeploylog=/var/adm/iwdeploy.log
iwsubmitconfig=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/local/config/submit.cfg
iwautoprivate=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/local/config/autoprivate.cfg
iwwa=/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/conf/iwwa.cfg
The value that is retrieved inside of the servlet is /.iwmnt.
I guess I need to file a support case.
-Bill
Migrateduser
It looks like the connector does not call the iwgetlocation CLT on Solaris. I'm not sure why the logic is different on Windows. It may have something to do with caching in Samba.
Please do file a support case so that we can keep track of this issue. In the meanwhile, I think that setting the "iwcgimount" to "/export/apps/intrwvn/.iwmnt" in your iw.cfg will fix the problem for you.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer