Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Login id's
amaresh
Hi and thanks in advance,
I am trying to replace the login id's with the real name of the persons after a person logs into the TS. I would like to know the files, which I should modify inorder to affect the changes. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
AMARESH
(INTERWOVEN CONSULTANT)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
amaresh
Environment:
TS6.5
Windows
Thanks
Adam Stoller
If you're talking about doing this in the GUI - you'll have to wait until 6.7 (which is in beta currently)
If you're talking about doing this in your own CGI's or JSP's - then it's just SMOP (a small matter of programming)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
amaresh
Thank you for your reply fish!
Can you tell me the files, which i should work on. That would be useful when I do the customization.
Thanks,
AMARESH
JonathonG
So, are you talking about modifying the standard TS GUI? If so, there are no files to modify in any supported way. If you're talking about your own code....then, the files to modify would be dependent on what your own code is doing. I don't think we can help you unless you give more specifics about what you want to do and where you want to do it.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
amaresh
I am trying to replace the Modified By column in the content tab by replacing the id's in that column by some real name of the person. This is just one task. I am actually intrested in changing the id's (where ever it appears) by the onriginal name of the persons.
Thanks,
Amaresh
Adam Stoller
That's the GUI - you'll have to wait until 6.7 (or later) - there's no supported way to do that with the current releases.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
amaresh
Thanks for your reply.
Amaresh
smenon
TS 6.7.0 will show the user's "friendly name" or "display name" instead of the userid. You can either hover over the name or click on the name and you will see the additional attributes such as userid, email address and preferred UI. I recommend that you do not modify the base application JSPs.
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.