Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metadata deployment
System
I am a newbie to the TeamSite/OD product so please excuse my ignorance!
I have an OpenDeploy 6.0.2, TeamSite 6.5 installation. I am trying to publish content AND its metadata into a remote filesystem directory using OD.
Now, the transfer of the content files is happening perfectly and I get a replica of the content directory structure with the content in the remote server.
But I dont get the metadata information anywhere. What do I have to do to get the metadata information also dumped to the remote server?
thanks
Mani
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
awgolk
You need to setup a special deployment, which will also send the Extended Attributes. Please refer to the OD manual page 110.
Migrateduser
I saw the manual page as you suggested. It refers to a deployment to a target TeamSite area. But I want to deploy the content and metadata to an ordinary filesystem.
awgolk
Then you would need Data Deploy to do so, if you would like an out of the box solution. Pg 69 of the Data Deploy Manual. Otherwise you would need to write your own script to pull out the EA's and write them to a file and then deploy them.
jed
Yup. You will want to use OD w/ DD enabled. I would recommend dbLoader in this situation.
Or, if you do not want to pay for DD, you could always hack up a DNR script that runs "iwextattr -x" for each file deployed. This CLT will output the metadata in an XML format. You can then deploy the XML to the target. Not pretty, but in theory it could work.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems