Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow task activated by CSSDK
prasanthj
I have a situation where I am using Job description XML file to initiate a workflow from my CSSDK client.
CSWorkflowEngine eng = csClient.getWorkflowEngine();
CSWorkflow csWorkflow = eng.createWorkflow(xmlSpec);
I am able to activate a task and send a notification email to the person for approval or rejection using Javamail API.
Now, my question is, how will I identify from my Java application that he has approved it or not?
Is there any provision in Teamsite to activate a java class when a workflow task is processed? Or is there anything similar in CSSDK for the same?
I need to send a notification mail (not using perl scripts) when the user approves or rejects a task.
Thanks,
Prasanth
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dazzlad
What are you trying to do?
When a user task is transitioned, the successor task(s) will be called.
This can be an external task, which can be Java.
This task could notify your application.
Darren.
prasanthj
Thanks Darren!
I will go in this direction and update you the results.
Nidhi_Agrawal
This can be an external task, which can be Java.
Can u tell me how can i execute a java file from external task in workflow?
Nidhi..
dazzlad
I think this is this first time I've said this on devnet but RTFM.
An external task is just a program that takes a workflow ID and a task ID as command line args.
This program should then callback the appropriate task to cause a transition. If you are using java I presume you would use the CSSDK to do this.
Darren.