Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OperationID of the Delete menuitem
Raji123
Hi,
I am trying to customize the Teamsite UI with the UITK. I would like to the remove the "delete" menu item from the fileActions menu for the roles of author & editor. I found from the documentation that the "roles_custom.xml" has to be modified for role based changes. But it requires an "OperationID" . Where can i find the OperationID for the delete option?
Also, after i make the changes in the customer_src folder, if i build the toolkit, it updates the <iw-home>\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\customer. Is that the complete process? How should i update the customer_out folder?
Can somebody help me out?
Thanks so much,
Raj
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
This is pretty clearly spelled out in the TeamSite User Interface Customization Guide.
The customer_out folder is automatically updated when you perform the make_toolkit.ipl operation.
As for the operationID, look in the following path: $IW_HOME/local/config/lib/content_center/reference/etc/conf
reddyl
All teamsite cc-pro and cc-std ids can be found in this folder IWHOME/local/config/lib/reference/etc/conf. After making changes you need to run the make_tookkit.ipl from the customer_src directory the script automatically updates the customer_out folder.
Adam Stoller
Unless something has changed somewhere that I missed - none of the OOTB menu items provide OperationID's for use in the role-restriction customizations.
Instead - you have to delete the OOTB menu item, re-create it as a custom menu item (using the link information in the reference files) and *then* supply it with an OperationID which you can then use to restrict access to the menu item by role.
I complained about this a while ago - as it's a significant loss of "simple" functionality that used to be available OOTB in 5.x - perhaps this too will get fixed in 6.7?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Raji123
Thanks so much for your help. I will try this.
Thanks,
Raj
Raji123
Thanks ghoti. It worked
Raj