D2 application server on a separate machine

gosmart
edited June 7, 2014 in Documentum #1

We have development/test instance of xCP2.1 including CS 7.1.

I wanted to add D2 4.2 for testing and demo purposes, but decided to put D2 application server on a separate VM.

Everything went well so far (at least I think). I added stuff to repository and built and deployed war-s.

Now I am stuck on page 44 of docu51891_Documentum-D2-4.2-Installation-Guide.pdf trying to configure Lockbox on the Web Application Server.

At 1.b. it says "Add the lockbox architecture found in the platform-specific folders extracted by the installer

to the environment variables".

My problem is that I don't have lockbox on VM dedicated for application server (I am using Tomcat).

Are there some instructions on how to add lockbox, or it assumes that AS is on the same VM as CS?

Comments

• Alvaro_de_Andres
    edited May 19, 2014 #2

the lockbox files are installed by the installer (set lockbox destination). You'll have to copy those files to the CS.

You can check for a detailed step-by-step configuration

• gosmart
    edited May 21, 2014 #3

Thanks Alvaro!

I have installed what is required on CS. You meant that I'll have to copy lockbox to application server machine?

• Alvaro_de_Andres
    edited May 21, 2014 #4

gosmart wrote:

Thanks Alvaro!
    I have installed what is required on CS. You meant that I'll have to copy lockbox to application server machine?

The lockbox files are located in the folder you specify in the installer. If you have installed D2 in the app server machine, the lockbox folder should be there. You'll have to copy that folder to the CS machine and setup the lockbox there

• gosmart
    edited May 21, 2014 #5

I have installed everything on CS so far (according to Chapter 2 Installing D2 on the Content Server of installation guide).

Now I am at Chapter 4 Installing D2 on the Web Application Server and I am missing instructions about the lockbox part.

I am stuck at Configuring Lockbox on the Web Application Server 1.b.

How do I "Add the lockbox architecture" ? Should I install something first as on CS? Or just copy from CS?

• Maoulida Daoudou
    edited June 7, 2014 #6

Hi gosmart,

You must generate and configure lockbox in the Application Server the same way you did for Content Server. Namely, you need to run the installer in the application server to generate necessay lockbox stuff.

Hoe this helps,

Maoulida