Help with attributes component refresh from newdoccontainer.

Options
Walter P
edited June 16, 2014 in Documentum #1

We have extended the newdoccontainer and it calls a nested component on finish. The nested component includes a return listener so that when ok is pressed the nested component it then calls the listener method in the container. It all works fine. However we are trying a new customization to it where on the return to the container we reuse the attributes component for a new object to allow users to continue to create new objects of the same type to save time. We create the new object of the same type then perform a onInit(args) with the args referencing the new object id. The attributes will then display the new object id, which is good, however, the grid with the type (dictionary) specific attributes still has the values set from the previous object definition. We need to have the attributes reset/cleared for the new object, but I cannot get it to do so. I have tried the onInit as mentioned which should reset the grid, but that did not work. I have tried the onRender, onRefreshData for both the attribute component and the container, just about every combination of calls. Nothing seems to work. Is there a way to refresh the attributes grid from the container on a contained component?