Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Combine two field values in DD cfg
cliffhanger
Hi,
Is it possible to combine two DCT field values in the DD Cfg and then deploy them to a single column in the database?
-cliff
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
You can do this with a DD pre-processor. It is a pain in the **** to debug and test, but using the sample pre-processor it is not too difficult to setup.
Check out:
$odhome/examples/conf-dd/tuple-pre-processor/TupleProcessorExample.java
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
cliffhanger
Thanks Jed.
I was actually looking for alternative solution to Preprocessor. We have few fields where the values need some preprocessing to be done before they're deployed to the DB. We are currently achieving that with a pre-processor class and metatagger. I was wondering if it's possible to accomplish the same in the DD cfg itself either with the help of <substitution> or some other way that I don't know of.
substitution doesn't seem to be answer because I cannot access multiple DCT field values within a <field> tag. So thought would post it here, and see if someone knows of an undocumented behavior that would help me find an alternative solution to pre-processor or metatagger