Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IWExternalTupleProcessor
tjmoretto
Hi. I am attempting to implement the IWExternalTupleProcessor class in order to write some custom database callouts prior to DD deploying the data to my DB. I've created a new class that implements the interface, jar'd it up, and place in the <dd_root>/userlib directory, modified my dd config file and then restarted the service. The DD log file indicates that the class was loaded successfully, but it does not appear that any of the code in the PreProcessTuple method is actually being called.
Couple of questions:
1. Is there any additional configuration I need to perform in order for the PreProcessTuple method to get called?
2. How can I log from within my new class? Is there a logging class that DD is already using?
3. Is there an existing jdbc connnection mechanism that I can use from within this class that DD is already using?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tjmoretto
BTW we are using TS 6.5 SP1 and OD/DD 6.0.2
Migrateduser
What's the version of OD or DD? The process you outlined sounds correct. Post you DD config file. You should be able to do System.out.println and have the output show up in the log.
For the jdbc question, you should look into the External Data Source feature. But from the TPP, you can't get the jdbc connection
Mariam
Migrateduser
Oops sorry... just saw your followup on the version
Println statements show up in the od.log, right under under odhome (not the logs under odhome/log)
Do post your config file though. There is probably something that is off.
Mariam
tjmoretto
Hi. Attached is my config file.
Edited by tjmoretto on 09/08/05 08:02 AM (server time).
tjmoretto
Attachment
Migrateduser
are you sure you have packaged the file properly? I'm thinking DD can't locate the class.. the log should give you some indication of whether it was able to load your TPP class...perhaps post the log file too and the java file (or just a snippet from the top). Just to be sure, unjar your .jar file, and check that the class is packaged the way you expect it to be.
Mariam
tjmoretto
I was finally able to get log4j working with my class and I am able to write log entries...however, I still have no clue where the system.out is going. I've searched the entire Interwoven directory for the specific log strings that I am writing.
iwovGraduate
How are you invoking the deployment?
Windows or Solaris?
tjmoretto
Hi. I am invoking the deployment via a windows command line.
The syntax I am using is: iwodcmd start dd_tj2 -k iwdd=package_file_list -k flist=D:\temp\tjtest2.txt
Migrateduser
Prints definitely go to odhome/od.log ... are you certain nothing is there and that the TPP is getting invoked?