xCP2.1 setting page title with variables?

Options
mgroen
edited August 6, 2015 in Documentum #1

Our customer wants to show their client case number within the title of the browser tab. At the moment we do not have the option within xCP Designer to configure the page title with dynamic/calculated information.

We already created a support ticket and it's now handled as a feature request.

But does somebody found a solution to do this using customization's?

Kind regards, Marcus

Tagged:

Comments

• elboukhari
    edited July 15, 2014 #2
    Options

Hi ,

I may qualify this as a quick&dirty approach to solve your issue but if you have no choice you may try the following

• Creating a form input widget (you can do this quickly by inheriting the exiting core widgets)
    • Update or override the setValue java Scrip method by adding document.title = Args
    • add this widget to your page and map the default value to your text widget.

you may need to do some testing regarding the order of loading of component in XCP pages or in page fragments

I only did a test in a simple page and it worked for me.

I used the demo toolbox Xcelerator and updated its setValue method of the dtb.button widget

Capture.JPG.jpg

NOTE : i guess a more fancy solution can be done using xcp.util.Utils.updateBrowserTitle

method that you can override and use session variables.

Hope This can help

Otman

• mgroen
    edited July 15, 2014 #3
    Options

This sounds like a good way to solve this until the Feature request is finished and released.

So basically we have to create a custom widget if I understand correct?

Or a custom Javascript function that is included within a widgets expression?

I can give that a try, thanks.

• elboukhari
    edited July 15, 2014 #4
    Options

Hi,

more the first Option ( Widgets that you can hide in your UI)

but the second option may also be good it is the order of evaluation of your function againt the core javaScript function that may be an issue.

otman

• A_K_G
    edited August 6, 2015 #5
    Options

Hi,

I hope the methods explained in the thread worked for you. Do you still have an opinion on which method is the best?

I tried to find xCelerator, but couldn't find it.

We got a similar requirement where we need to update title according to the Application Page.

Do you know if this feature is now available in xCP 2.2?

Thanks

Regards,

Amit

• nking
    nking E
    edited August 6, 2015 #6
    Options

Check out this xCelerator - it has a function for setting the page title....

• A_K_G
    edited August 6, 2015 #7
    Options

Thanks for your quick response. I'll try this ASAP and let you know if it works.

Regards,

Amit