EnvironmentTeamSite 6.5 SP1
OpenDeploy/DataDeploy 6.0.2
Windows 2003 EE
ProblemI'm trying to arrange things in my DD config so that I can pass it a filelist that could contain any number of different kinds of files, and have it just process the relevant files - and that if there are no relevant files for a given definition, to essentially be a no-op.
Filters seem like the way to do this, but they do not seem to be working, or at least not the way I imagined they should.
Given the config file shown below, if I pass in a file list that contains a single entry for a file that matches the AA_filter (and not the BB_filter) I would expect the AA_file_list definition to get executed and not the other (BB_file_list).
However, when testing, it appeared that both definitions were processed and this causesd errors (I don't have the log file with me right now, but I'll probably post it tomorrow as the error is an annoying one in which it composes a large SELECT statement with a WHERE clause followed by a space and then an ORDER directive - which fails because it doesn't understand the blank WHERE clause (or more accurately it doesn't understand the directive ... WHERE ORDER ...)
I'm hoping someone can spot a mistake in the way I'm setting up or using the filters that would explain this odd behavior.
DD Client Config<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
<data-deploy-configuration>
<data-deploy-elements filepath="D:/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/etc/database.xml"/>
<filter name="AA_filter">
<keep><and><field name="TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type" value=".*/AA"/></and></keep>
</filter>
<filter name="BB_filter">
<keep><and><field name="TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type" value=".*/BB"/></and></keep>
</filter>
<client>
<deployment name="ALL">
<exec-deployment use="AA_file_list"/>
<exec-deployment use="BB_file_list"/>
</deployment>
<deployment name="AA_file_list">
<source>
<xml-source options="wide" area="$area" area-type="ts-filesystem"
include-extended-attributes="yes" xml-type="interwoven">
<path filelist="$flist"/>
</xml-source>
</source>
<!-- Only process the right kind of DCRs -->
<filter use="AA_filter"/>
<destinations>
<database use="$mode^-db" update-type="standalone" state-field="state"
enforce-ri="yes" delete-tracker="yes">
<dbschema>
<group name="****" root-group="yes">
<!-- ... omitted for brevity ... -->
</group>
<!-- ... omitted for brevity ... -->
</dbschema>
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
<deployment name="BB_file_list">
<source>
<xml-source options="wide" area="$area" area-type="ts-filesystem"
include-extended-attributes="yes" xml-type="interwoven">
<path filelist="$flist"/>
</xml-source>
</source>
<!-- Only process the right kind of DCRs -->
<filter use="BB_filter"/>
<destinations>
<database use="$mode^-db" update-type="standalone" state-field="state"
enforce-ri="yes" delete-tracker="yes">
<dbschema>
<group name="****" root-group="yes">
<!-- ... omitted for brevity ... -->
</group>
<!-- ... omitted for brevity ... -->
</dbschema>
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com