Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
file name conflict problem
helloworld
Within one branch, each department has its own workarea. The files in different workarea will be submit to one staging area. How to prevent the file name conflict when submit file to staging area from different workarea.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
It can easily come down to a race condition.
If one person submits file "A" in one workarea before another person tries to create file "A" in another workarea - you might be able to provide some form of custom menu item (or workflow code) to determine this and disallow the action - I don't think it will be easy though as you have to account for basic File > New ... menu items as well as Import and of course files created through the file system interface.
If both people create file "A" in each of their workareas before either has submitted it - the only way you'd be able to catch that would be similar to the above, but you'd have to scan all workareas as well as staging - and you still have the same hurdles to get over.
In general, I think you have to let the system detect it during the submit operation - where it can determine that the second submission is a 0+ version and there's already [at least] a 1 version in staging.
Of course I'm a bit tired right now, so I might be missing some possibilities, but I think the above is a fairly good coverage of the issues you would need to address in order to try and deal with this. (You could suggest that TeamSite determine this for you, and perhaps it would if/when a lock is attempted on the second instance of the file when the first instance is already locked by someone else in another workarea - however, I don't think locks are that pervasive when there's no common ancestor version in staging)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com