Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Download to Zip - Customization
Gregg Faus
Hi all,
I'm finally getting around to posting my first beta of CC Pro customization that allows files and/or directories to be downloaded directly within the CC interface. As you might know, you can only download single files within ContentCenter. This customization allows you to select items in the file interface, apply a file extension filter (if needed) and then download it.
I've been running this successfully for a few weeks now and would like to solicite any feedback/bug that you might find. I would be interested if it runs in a Solaris environment as I've only tested on Win2k/TS 6.5.
The files are attached. View the
readme.txt
file for installation instructions. Try it in your dev. environment and let me know what you think.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Screenshots attached. Sample was generated with a selection of 5 items.
Adam Stoller
FYI - I haven't looked at your code yet - but you can use File > Download with multiple selected files - you just can't use Edit with multiple selected files OOTB (File > Download doesn't deal with directories though as I recall)
If/when I find time I'll probably check out your code - but I don't have that luxory right now.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Gregg Faus
I meant to say IWOV supports the download of files in the same directory. Honestly, my solution is much better then IWOV's in terms of mass downloading of files. For instance, if you selected the root directory of your website, it would retain the entire directory structure and deliver it in a single archive. No applets either. But maybe I'm biased.
Just trying to help out the IWOV community...
Adam Stoller
I believe your solution *is* probably better than the OOTB - I was just pointing out that downloading multiple files at once was possible OOTB.
I also appreciate you posting the solution - for the very reasons you stated.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com