Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
change to iw_dcr_path param in 6.5?
chuckles
We are in the process of migrating from 5.5 to 6.5 and some of my CGIs are having trouble. I am using the iw_dcr_path callout param in a lot of places and I have noticed that in the path is showing up as //hostname/store/branch/path/to/file when it used to be /mount/store/branch/path/to/file. The new value is not a valid path which makes me think something is wrong. Is this a misconfiguration on our part or is a new "feature"? Either way, how do I get around it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
I haven't done the migration yet, but IIRC, there have been changes to several of the post variables, including the iw_dcr_path parameter. This change actually happened as of 6.0/6.1. A couple of possible solutions include re-writing your CGI and using the wrapper script that was provided. I don't recall the details, but I'll be a search of the forums for some combination of the terms CGI, wrapper, and 6.1 will yield fruitful results.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
Adam Stoller
The wrapper script is wdpro_menu.ipl in IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin/ - used as a wrapper - e.g. /iw-bin/wdpro_menu.ipl/your_cgi_script_here.ipl
The //server/default/main/... path is a valid vpath - not a filesystem path - however, generally you can just do something like this:
$path =~ s|^//[^/]||;
To fix the path in your code so you have something more familiar to work with.
There are a number of other changes - and if you search the forums (probably the TeamSite and/or Perl forums) you should find several posts regarding the various changes and how to work with them.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com