Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding Visual Annotate to existing workflow
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 SP1
Solaris 2.8
I have a simple serial approval workflow that needs to allow the ability to annotate a single HTML file created from a DCR/TPL and send email notifications. This made me think that using one of the out of the box configurable solution workflows with Email. The question is, do I need to do a Save As with these existing workflows and configuration files (i.e. configurable_author_submit.wft, configurable_author_submit.cfg) to make my customizations?
The solution workflows cover the basics, but I want to add a step at the end of the workflow, and allow the users to be chosen specifically in this branch, meaning the workflow would not be universal across all branches as they are defined in the available_templates.cfg file out of the box.
What is the best practice here, duplicating the majority of the wft and config files, or somehow putting the VA stuff into an existing WFT?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
reddyl
You can add VA to any existing worflow by adding VA variables and Review cycle to the wft file. I think VA only works for serial review.
- reddy
Bill Klish
all of the VA examples are done as configuration files and dynamically generate all of the code. I suppose I should just turn debugging on and then cut and paste the results.
reddyl
Yes you can turn on the debuging and get the job specification file to get the VA variables thats how I added VA to existing workflows. VissualAnnotate does not work with flash files.