Hello everyone!
I have a DQL query that is using the RETURN_TOP hint and whenever repeating properties are included, the hint acts as if it was the ROW_BASED hint.
For example, this query...
select r_object_id, i_chronicle_id from dm_document where r_object_id = '09f42cac80006485' enable (return_top 20)
...returns a single row (as you might expect). However, this query...
select r_object_id, i_chronicle_id, i_folder_id from dm_document where r_object_id = '09f42cac80006485' enable (return_top 20)
...returns 4 rows. The same behaviour is observed whenever one or more repeating properties are added to the query. However, if I use FETCH_ALL_RESULTS (on a Oracle 11g database), it returns a single row, as you'd might expect.
Reading the DQL Reference Manual for Content Server 6.7, I can't see why RETURN_TOP would act in the this manner. I've tried this on a 6.7 and 6.5 Content Server and the same results occur as above. Am I doing anything wrong here?