Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CC Std My Workarea Link Issue
patc
Using TeamSite 6.5 SP1 on Windows - Dev Environment.
When a user clicks the Workarea name under the "My Workareas" module of CC Standard,
they are brought to the root of htdocs in their chosen Workarea.
VisualPreview gives an error because it is looking for the index.html file for this
folder. All our content is in XML format - so I get the following.
"The VisualPreview Toolbar could not find your index page. Contact your system administrator to properly configure your Web Server"
Does anyone know what I need to do to configure this correctly. Our index page is index.xml.
Does this require a iw-webd change?
BTW - The Browse button is fine, it just brings people straight to the folder list.
Thanks in advance!
Pat
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
what web server are you using ?
It does not appear to be configured to look for index.xml as a default value
ccprofessional
I think I have seen this before. The reason for this is rather convoluted.. but here's the solution:
In your iw.cfg file, under [iwproxy_plugin_remap] do something like this:
_regex=(.*)/YourWorkarea/$=$1/YourWorkarea/index.xml
assuming, this is required for a workarea named "YourWorkarea". This will basically make visualpreview explicitly look at index.xml
ccprofessional
A few assumptions here: TS is on Windows using IIS and you have the isapi plugin module installed properly
patc
Thanks,
We are running IIS with the Y: drive mounted on Windows 2000 Server.
iw-mount is set to look for index.xml as the default document.
I thought this would be enough.
We have hundreds of workareas so I'd like to avaoid setting explicit proxy settings
for all workareas.
Is there a global setting I can use for all Workareas?
Thanks for your help on this.
nipper
Your regex can go for all workareas.
Try it first for one workarea to be certain it will work, then it will
be easy to change for all workareas.
Bill Klish
As another alternative, you can specify that clicking the link doesn't open an index.html page, but rather operates the same way as clicking the browse button. We have done that at my client, since there are hundreds of workareas, and many don't have a "home page" per se.
If you would rather do this, add the following to your application_custom.xml file:
<application id="ccstd">
<!-- Clicking on the workarea name should browse, not preview -->
<param id="iw.common.view_area_action.property"
</application>
Reference the UICG for more information on this.
patc
Hi,
I decided to go for the custom_application toolkit change rather than the iwproxy setting.
<param id="iw.common.view_area_action.property" value="browse"/>
Basically, because I cannot guarantee that our customers will always have an index.xml file there.
This worked fine for us.
Thanks everyone for your assisatnce with this.
Pat