Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Populating Custom13-16 with .MSG file
sleclerc
I'm using the iToolkit API to import files into WorkSite 8.0 SP1. A lot of the files are email messages saved from MS Exchange to a network file share as .MSG files. When I import those documents I set the doc type to "MIME".
The documents do not get imported with the Custom13-16 attributes populated, and I would assume that the MsgID also is not recorded. Is there a way that I can tell the API to pull those values during the "checkin" method?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
If you're using the sdk to create new documents for these e-mails, you should be able to use the IManDocument.SetAttributeByID() to set the custom fields. This method is documented in theCOM Reference Manual for WorkSite.pdf manual, and the attributeIDs representing each custom field is in the VB Scripting for WorkSite Dialogs.pdf - search for "Table A.1 AttributeID Enum Values."
Migrateduser
Hello All--
I'm glad this topic came up! I am trying to import *.MSG docs into WorkSite using the SDK. I then want to pass the *.MSG object to another program. Is there anything special that I need to do?