Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwat Submit trigger does not work
pbose
Hi,
TeamSite 6.5 no SP.
Win 2k.
Trying to create a trigger on submit event using command
iwat Submit d:/iw-home/local/bin/fse_submit.ipl
The trigger gets created as it gets listed in iwlsat.
But the script doesn't get executed.
DestroyFSE trigger created same way works fine.
Any suggestion what might be going wrong??
Appreciate any ideas.
-PB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
reddyl
check the iw_home/local/local.cfg file to see if the submit triger entry is present it should have
iwatsub USER PROGRAM
pbose
There is no local.cfg at iw-home/local in TS 6.5.
And I am not sure if iwat command needs that.
Do you know if that is mandatory?
Thanks much
-PB
reddyl
You can configure the triggers using this file on TS 6.5 Solaris, check if iw.local.example file if not then the triggers might be configured differently on Windows.
pbose
There is no iw.local.example file either.
Anyway I tried creating local.cfg file and iwlocal.cfg file at iw-home/local folder.
But that didn't help.
My DestroyFSE event trigger works fine though without any of these files.
Has anybody tried creating Submit trigger on windows?
Thanks much
-PB
james1
I think (?) that iwat does not work on the events that already have specific trigger programs for them, i.e. the submit event has the iwatsub CLT. Please see the CLT manual for more information on iwatsub and how to set it up.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
pbose
The issue with iwatsub.ipl is that it is a non terminating script. So if you execute that from command line, it never comes back and you must keep the command window open if you want to keep the trigger active.
The alternate solution is create a service, but our organization's configuartion policy doesn't allow to install instsrv or srvany programs.
In this situation iwat should have been the best solution but what I don't understand why it fails to work when iwevent.log file records the Submit event.
The logic should be same for trigger on Submit and DestroyFSE. DestroyFSE works fine but Submit is not.
There I am little confused.
Appreciate your suggestion.
-PB
james1
If you cannot get a Windows service installed to run iwatsub, then the only alternative I can think of is to add whatever trigger functionality you want to all of your submit workflows. Other folks may have found more creative workarounds, I don't know.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
sample.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
You're on Windows - Windows requires that you specify the perl engine to process the script - try:
iwat Submit
"d:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
d:/iw-home/local/bin/fse_submit.ipl
"
Note - youi'll want to use iwlsat and iwrmat to remove your already existing trigger implementation.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pbose
I did that originally.
My orginal command was
iwat Submit "d:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl d:/iw-home/local/bin/fse_submit.ipl"
That didn't work.
Anyway I have executable declaration in my script and the script itself does gets executed stand-alone.
I am wondering what John said earlier is true? For events like Submit, for which a predefined script iwatsub.ipl is already provided doesn't work with iwat?
have you experienced the same before?
Thanks much
-PB
Adam Stoller
Just because something runs from the command line doesn't mean it will run from a process - the path to iwperl is, I believe, not available to the iwat process - and the #! line doesn't work completely on Windows either (it works somewhat).
Can you post your trigger script?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pbose
For some reason I am yet to figure out, the iwat Submit trigger started working. It is working with orginal command of
iwat Submit "d:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl d:/iw-home/local/bin/fse_submit.ipl"
I will try to investigate what was going wrong, when ever I get some time.
Thanks much for all your suggestions.
-PB