Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
php generate
Bhargav Coca
I am TS6.5 on Win2000. I was wondering if we can gnereate php code from a DCR with out use of custom script, but by just mentioning the extension of "php" in templating.cfg file.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I am TS6.5 on Win2000. I was wondering if we can gnereate php code from a DCR with out use of custom script, but by just mentioning the extension of "php" in templating.cfg file.
If you mean without a PT - no. If you don't consider the PT a "custom script" - then yes ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
You can generate any type of file you want with a presentation template. "Mention" the php extension in templating.cfg, like you said, and compose your PHP in your presentation template.
Sorry, custom scripting is necessary... no one ever said that TeamSite did everything out of the box. Certain other companies falsely make that claim but to do any development work on TeamSite, expect to write some code
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Bhargav Coca
Thank you Guys, I got this working some how, Now i have a question as how to preview these php's in the browser. For example we are able to attach php files in the workflow and deploythem to different servers. When the intermediate approver is trying to view the file it opens the code instead of the page which the php is meant for.
I am confused, hope this is somewhat clear. I guess there is something to do with proxy settings?
Please suggest.
Thank you
Migrateduser
You'll need to configure IIS to understand PHP. Better yet, download this package:
http://us3.php.net/get/php-5.1.1-installer.exe/from/a/mirror
and it will configure IIS for you.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Bhargav Coca
Will this installation dirupt anything else dave?
Just curious.
Thanks
Migrateduser
It shouldn't at all, although you should have a development server in your environment and I would suggest running it there first.
If you're not comfortable with having the PHP installer program configure IIS, which is completely understandable, the PHP.net site to which I referred you should have an option to download only the ISAPI. This way, you could then configure it yourself.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Bhargav Coca
I got it working, i installed the mirror which you said. I installed it on the development box, Here is a simple question. I deploy my php's using the workflow. My approvers open their php's for review from their respective machines, tough IIS is configured for php, their individual machines, do not have php's. As per my understanding they can never view it until and unless they have an instance/mirror of php on their machine. Am i right?
Thanks
Migrateduser
Thankfully, no. The PHP ISAPI you just installed is a server extension and therefore only needs to reside on the server. Think of it like a Cold Fusion interpreter... I don't personally have it on my box, yet I can view sites which use this language. It's the same thing -- as long as the web server can interpret the PHP files that you're generating (and presumably, it now can), other visitors should be able to see the same content as you.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9