Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment from Windows to Solaris is failing
jeetu
Hi,
we have an envirionment of TS6.5 and OD 6.02 on Windows 2000.
we are trying the deployment from Windows to Webservers on Solaris.
port 20014 is opened on both Windows and Solaris.
When we execute the deloyment, it shows an error message "Failed creating socket".
I am not sure whats going wrong.
Could any one pls try to shed some light on it.
Thanks in Advance
Jitendra
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You will need to provide a bunch more information - either here, or in correspondence with IWOV Support.
At the least - people will have to see the actual log files associated with the deployment.
Until then - here are a couple of things to check:
- Have you verified that OD is, in fact, running on the Receiver?
- Are you using hostnames or IP addresses in your odnodes.xml file? If you're using hostnames, try swithching to IP addresses (could be a DNS issue where the hostname is not getting resolved to the same system you believe it is)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
try this
telnet RECEIVERNAME 20014
frmo the OD server
Migrateduser
I know this question may seem off-the-wall, but I ask it for a reason... are you trying to use only OpenDeploy or are you attempting a DataDeploy (or both)? You didn't actually say either way in your description, you just said that you're trying a "deployment". The reason I ask is that I had many problems with this and got the same error while doing a DataDeploy from TS 6.5 / OD 6.0.1 / Windows 2003 to Linux (of course, it doesn't matter what OS the receiver is with DD).
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9