Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow variable
jsha
Hi,
I have created a new edit box .WFT file, but I need to pass the value of this edit box to a next external task, which is a perl script. How do I do this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
have you read the manual ?
look for the section that talks about <variables> and $job->GetVariable
jsha
Hi,
I looked and could not find, may be not looking at the right one. Which manual are you pointing to? thanks
nipper
one would think that the TeamSite Workflow developers guide would be a good start.
kaalraa
Hi Isha,
I am not able to understand the complete scenario as what are you trying to do. As far as what i can suggest you at this point of time ... in the first task in which edit box value is being filled just create a workflow variable and use the same variable in your next external task.
Just go through the DOCS for the methods for setting and getting the workflow variables values.
- AKs.... The Shadow
jsha
Hi,
I am creating a edit box as follows in WFT file and the value for iw_head needs to be used in the next external task
perl script. thanks
TAG_info(
iw_head =>
[ html => "<span class=\"text\">" .
$localizer->format("brief_head_label") .
"<br><input type='text' size='40'></input>" .
"</span>",
label => "Department Head E-mail",
error_msg => $localizer->format("brief_head_error"),
is_required => "true",
],
);
reddyl
Need to add this to the workflow fiile.
<workflow>
<variables>
<variable key="dh_email" value="__INSERT__('iw_head');"/>
</variables>
.......
</workflow>
Access the variable in the external script using:
my $dh_email = $job->GetVariable('dh_email');
jsha
HI,
I tried it, did make some progress.
But it returns as value 'iw_home' when do getvariable('dh_email') instead of what is entered in the edit box.
thanks
reddyl
post your workflow and external script to get help debuging.
jsha
Hi,
Edited by jsha on 09/09/05 01:12 PM (server time).
reddyl
Did you get the "Department Head E-mail field when you started the workflow.
jsha
Hi,
it WORKED, I just changed it to
my ($dept_head) = __VALUE__('iw_head');
:
:
:
<variable key="dh_email" value="__INSERT__($dept_head);"/>
thanks
jsha
Hi,
it WORKED, I just changed it to
my ($dept_head) = __VALUE__('iw_head');
:
:
:
<variable key="dh_email" value="__INSERT__($dept_head);"/>
thanks
Adam Stoller
FYI - if you make the following change:
TAG_info(
iw_setwfarg_
head =>
[ html => "<span class=\"text\">" .
$localizer->format("brief_head_label") .
"<br><input type='text' size='40'></input>" .
"</span>",
label => "Department Head E-mail",
error_msg => $localizer->format("brief_head_error"),
is_required => "true",
],
);
It will automatically create a job variable called
head
with the value of the textarea when the job is instantiated.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com