Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Accessing Group Task's attributes
AnnaDalas
Hi,
I have a group task and no one has taked the ownership of it. In the meantime, I am trying to get the owner (or the creator) of this task and I am getting an empty stirng. I believe that this is because the task is not valid until one of the group members take ownership.
Is there a way to actuall get the owner before the task is owned by an owner??
Any help/suggestion is appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Is there a way to actuall get the
owner
before the task is
owned
by an
owner
??
Wow, how confusing was that? There
is
no owner of the grouptask before the task is claimed, so I think you might be looking for something that's not there, unless I don't understand properly.
Please clarify.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
jbonifaci
I think you basically answered your own question. Group tasks do not have an owner until someone takes ownership. How can you get something that doesn't exist? Now, if you just want to get the sharedby, use GetSharedBy.
~Jeff
Adam Stoller
If you think about your question a bit - I think you'll find that it doesn't really make any sense.
A grouptask which has not been claimed - has no owner - and therefore there is now way to determine who the owner is.
You can determine who has the ability to take ownership - and perhaps send all of them email to tell them that one of them needs to take care of the job in question ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
AnnaDalas
Woe to me!
It was my mistake.... sorry I meant to ask the about the owner of creator of the job (not the task)
Thanks.
Anna Dalas
Migrateduser
You can get the owner of the job a number of ways... you should be able to see the job on the GUI's job list, regardless of whether or not a grouptask has been claimed. You can also look at the iwgetwfobj output.
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
Are you talking programmatically, using a CLT, or via the GUI?
All are possible - but it helps when you ask your question if you're a bit more specific about what you're looking for.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
AnnaDalas
Is there any way to get it in an external perl script?
I used the following lines:
$wf = new TeamSite::WFworkflow($jobid);
$user = $wf->GetCreator();
but $user turns out to be empty. I also found out that the job is invalid and an empty string will be returned for Creator or Owner when the job is invalid.
Any ideas why the job is invalid. Does it become valid only when the current task is owned by a group member (It doesn't make sense that way!)
Please reply
Anna Dalas.
jbonifaci
Are you sure that $jobid is a valid job id? What do you get when you do iwgetwfobj $jobid?
~Jeff
Migrateduser
You'll need to first verify if the job is valid... use iwgetwfobj $jobid on the command line.
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
AnnaDalas
I did perform the command line tool for the specified job. It displays an xml section with all the attributes of the job.
It looks like the job is valid (active="t") but within the script the method $wf->isValid() returns false.
Are these the same things???
Thanks.
reddyl
TeamStie::WFworkflow::IsValid returs "1" if the job is active in the workflow otherwise it returns "0"
#!/__IW_HOME__/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
use TeamSite::WFworkflow;
my $job_id = shift;
my $job = TeamSite::WFworkfow->new($job_id);
if($job->IsValid()){
print "The job id $job_id is valid \n";
}esle{
print "The job id $job_id is not valid \n";
}
JonathonG
What is the output of $wf->GetError(); ?
It appears that when isValid returns false, there should be an error that can be retrieved via GetError. That might help us help you debug the issue.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
jbonifaci
I guess I wasn't clear before. What does $jobid contain in your script? Are you sure you are getting the job id and not something else?
~Jeff
sample5.rptdesign
AnnaDalas
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the confusion. It was all my CARELESS mistake. I ran the external perl script in the grouptask within the <template_script> section.
Because of the the jobid or task id wasn't sent to the script as parameters.
I got it working now with having an external task running the script and then the grouptask after the external task.
Sorry again for the confusion again.
Anna Dalas.