Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WorkRoute Forms with Double Byte Characters Label
jman
Hi,
I'm working on a project with WorkRoute to implement some form based workflow application. The problem is that the cutsomer wants the form labels to be in double byte characters (Traditional Chinese characters). Tired to input chinese charaacters directly in the form manager UI but those characters becomes a "square". Also tried to download the JSP and edit it, putting chinese characters in UTF-8 format to the JSP and upload it back, but then the association to the activity node will lost, i.e. the form disappears.
Anyone knows any trick to make this work?
Thanks,
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
Try editing the jsp file directly from WSMP? I hope it will work.
jman
I tried to download the jsp and edit it directly to put Chinese characters in UTF-8, and upload it back, but then I found that the form will disappear. That's why I'm looking for the location of the jsp so that I don't need to go through the form manager.
Nicholas
Probably Customized Files Manager/workflowform
Migrateduser
John,
I'm sorry to say that I think you discovered an important Forms Manager application bug. (I'm assuming the machine you're using has all the Chinese fonts, etc.) You may want to call Interwoven tech support and let them know about this. By doing so, they may be able to expedite the matter and provide you with some assistance to work around the problem.
I'm sorry - and surprised - to hear that your attempts to customize the JSP workflow form fail. My understanding is that as soon as you upload a workflow form, the Forms Manager application loses the association between the node in question and your uploaded form. Is this correct? If so, you might want to see your log file immediately after reproducing this to see if the application enters an error state. This might be another matter to raise with Interwoven tech support....
Sorry,
Nick
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine