Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
stopwords
System
Hi,
Anyone has any ideas why some of the stopwords are not filtered from my stopwrds list to appear as key words?
I am talking about common words such as "my", "the" etc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
2 questions:
What version?
What is your rack script?
Migrateduser
Also - not meaning to be picky, but it is a good idea to check. Please check that:
1. stopwords.cfg is in the conf dir
2. the terms are in the list
3. and that you have bounced the MT server.
Migrateduser
version - 4.0.1
rack script -
“parse -case -ignorenumbers -ignorepunctuation -mode phrase; summarize -keywords 50”
thanks.
Migrateduser
Yes, stopwords are in the DB_HOME directory.
The words are found on the list.
we are restated the MT server
any recommended steps to make the stopwords.cfg effective based on std config for testing purposes?
Thanks.
Migrateduser
I seem to be seeing the same thing. I generated my index in conf. The default stopwords.cfg was already there, but the index contains numerous terms that are in the stoplist, e.g.
by
for
of
and so on. Any idea why my stopwords.cfg seems to be ignored?
I suspect it will suppress them on suggestion, and the manual says on page 66 that you don't really want to suppress them on indexing anyhow so that you don't throw off the statistical distribution of terms, so from that perspective it isn't a big deal - I'm just curious about why the behaviour differs from my expectation
Migrateduser
Never mind - I forgot to specify -stopwords in my script.