Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mediabin Database Schema
magikandrea
Hi,
Does anybody know if there is some documentation about the Mediabin database schema.
I would like to understand the database structure.
Thank you very much for your help
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
Generally we do not share that information as it is subject to change as we optimize performance from release to release. All interaction with the database is supposed to be accomplished via the API. There are two exceptions to this in the form of the logging tables that report system activity and historical jobs. If you could be more specific about what sorts of information might be useful we would be able to point you to existing scripts or to ways of getting the information from those tables.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
magikandrea
My customer asked to have the database schema just to build some reports that shows informations such as "Number of assets inserted last week", or "Number of times that an asset has been downloaded" and so on. Probably they would like to use a specific reporting tool to create those reports and not access the database directly.
If it's not possible to have the db schema, can you please show me a way to extract that kind of information?
Thank you very much for your help.
Andrea
lyman
Job processing is conveyed in the JobHistoryLog. Most users write reports against this table using whatever tools they have (Crystal Reports is a popular choice). Please let me know if any of the columns are not self-explanatory!
Note that there should always be job messages whena job fails to complete, but even a successfull job can have messages. In that case they are usually wranings of some sort.
create table dbo.JobHistoryLog
(
log_id int identity (1, 1) not null
,log_stamp datetime default getdate()
,job_id varchar(39)
,job_priority nvarchar(30)
,job_state nvarchar(30)
,job_type nvarchar(30)
,start_time datetime
,end_time datetime
,user_id nvarchar(255)
,user_name nvarchar(255)
,image_id varchar(39)
,file_name nvarchar(255)
,task_id varchar(39)
,task_name nvarchar(255)
,job_messages nvarchar(4000)
,constraint pk_JobHistoryLog primary key clustered(log_id)
)
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
magikandrea
Thank you for your suggestion.
I've got another question. I would like to write a program using the APIs to interact with the MB repository. Do I need to install something? How can I use the APIs? I read the APIs documentation, but I can't find any sample code. I don't know where to start!
I would like to write a program that deletes MB assets if they have a particular metadata value.
Thank you very much for your help.
Migrateduser
The MediaBin COM SDK should contain over 20 sample applications, each containing a readme.txt file that briefly explains what the sample application does and how to run it. This package should have been part of the package made available to you when you purchased MediaBin.
There is also a web services SDK, which I'm not so familiar with, that also contains sample code.