Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Schedule Email using Workflow
System
I am using a workflow which sends an email with HTML attachment by clicking on Send email button. Is it possible schedule emails or send messages for next day delivery using Mail::Mailer or MIME::Lite ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
How does Mail::Mailer have anything to do with the scheduling?
put a timeout on the task
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
I cannot just put time out in this particular task itself because as you can see below this external Task includes two scripts that basically sends email to selected people based on selection:
1. iw_testmail.ipl (email gets send right away) and 2. iw_final_mail_all.ipl (shd send email next business day at any specified time and should skip all holidays). So I would like the workflow to continue if first checkbox is selected and time out only if second is selected. I am thinking to create a separate external task or dummy task which would specifically time out the task for the second script but not sure if that's the right approach. Or may I need to programmatically put something in the email script. Would it work if I have time out in the email script? Need some suggestions?
-Attached is the email script
<externaltask name="Email_Notification"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
start="t"
description="Please complete the task">
<areavpath v="__TAG__('iw_workarea');"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Email Notification">
<succ v="Submit"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<template_script><![CDATA[
if ($iw_sendemail eq "yes") {
__INSERT__(get_cmd("iw_testmail.ipl",
@approver))
;
}
elsif ($iw_sendall eq "yes"){
__INSERT__(get_cmd("iw_final_mail_all.ipl",
@iw_sendall))
;
};
# insert file list if we have it
# $todayDate = currDate();
if (
@submit_file
!= 0)
{
__INSERT__("<files>\n");
for (my $i=0; $i <
@submit_file
; ++$i)
{
__INSERT__("
<file path='$submit_file[$i]' " .
"comment='__TAG__(File_comment_$i);'/>");
__INSERT__(" <file path='templatedata/newsnow/news/data/index' " . "comment=''/>");
}
__INSERT__("</files>\n");
}
]]></template_script>
</externaltask>
gzevin
I guess one could do it either way. Email task could be passed time/date as parameters (or as workflow variables) and then sleep, checking for system time from time to time. Or one could insert a dummy task with a timeout..
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU