Hi all,
I'm trying to debug a proxy remap setting which works fine on our production server (TS 6.1 sp2 on Windows Server 2000 sp4), but not on a development server (TS 6.5 sp1 and LiveSite 2.1 on Windows Server 2003 EE). Obviously, there are major differences between the two environments, but I'm lost as to what in particular would affect the backward compatibility of this setting.
Here are the specifics:
[iwproxy_failover_remap]
_maxfail=1
_regex=/main/Intranet/.*/(WORKAREA/[^/]+|STAGING)/(.*)=/iw-mount/default/main/Intranet/STAGING/$2
Essentially this says that if I'm in a subbranch of Intranet and request a file which cannot be found in the current area, look for it in STAGING of the parent Intranet branch. I know the regex is valid since it works as designed in production.
Details on what I'm seeing:
I have a page (plain old HTML, not a LiveSite page) in child branch of Intranet which uses several images. Typically some image files would be maintained in the child branch, some in the parent, with the failover setting allowing the page to render both when previewed from the child branch. So...
1) action/scenario: preview page in child branch, having copied all images into the same workarea
result: works fine, as expected
2) action/scenario: preview same page in parent branch STAGING, having copied it from the child branch and submitted, with all images present there as well
result: works fine, as expected
3) action/scenario: delete some of the images from the child branch, then preview there again to test the failover remap
result: browser asks for username and password several times, after which the page displays, but images which should have been remapped are missing.
Due to the authentication request, this would appear to be a problem with permissions on the parent branch -- but then why was I able to view the page in the parent branch (step 2) with no problem? It only occurs when the remap is brought into play.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nutt