Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
One-click logins
mediabinuser
Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone has tried creating a shortcut to bypass the MediaBin login screen and send the user directly into the application? One idea I have is to supply the username and password in the url. Does anyone know how to do this? Or are there other (better?) ways to do this?
Thanks for your help,
Marc
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Internet Explorer (IE) running on a Windows PC supports passing the Windows logon credentials to Internet Information Server (IIS) transparently for any web application that has Integrated Windows Authentication enabled. This scenario works within an intranet, but may not work over the internet. The MediaBin Web Client supports Integrated Windows Authentication by setting the following two values found in Global.asa:
Application("ENABLE_INTEGRATED_LOGIN") = True
Application("INTEGRATED_LOGIN_SERVER") = "MediaBinServerName"
Safari does not support this feature so it is unavailable for mac users.
Does that satisfy your needs?
mediabinuser
Thank you for that response. Unfortunately, the folks I'm trying to implement this for are external users who do not have domain usernames. They log into MediaBin with usernames local to the MediaBin app box. Could there be another way to supply MediaBin credentials, say through a web link?
I probably should have mentioned before that I'm on MediaBin 4.0 SP1
What you suggested would be useful for internal users, so I may give it a try.
Migrateduser
You can call default.asp with the logon credentials directly. The credentials are transmitted as a querystring on the URL. A sample URL to do this would be:
http://localhost/mediabin%20sp1/default.asp?user=auser&pwd=apwd&domain=interwoven&server=aserver
Optionally, you can omit the domain and server in the above URL and hard code those at the top of default.asp where you see the following:
const c_DOMAIN = "" ' Default/Hardcoded value for the domain (so the user doesn't have to type it in)
const c_SERVER = "" ' Default/Hardcoded value for the server (so the user doesn't have to type it in)
mediabinuser
Thank you so much. I tried out the url and it worked. I guess I'll have to be careful about assigning passwords (ie no &'s).
Migrateduser
You can add anything you want as a password. Just remember to URL encode it. Note that URL encoding is not the same as HTML encoding. For example & is HTML encoded as & however it is URL encoded as %26.
Also I wanted to add that since users wouldn't be directly logging into the app, I'm assuming a lot of them won't be logging out directly either; but rather just closing the browser. The MediaBin license for number of users is the total number that is currently logged in. In other words, if your IIS timeout is 20 minutes, a user will remain logged in for up to 20 minutes after their browser has been closed, assuming they didn't use the Log Out button. Obviously, the user is immediately logged out when logging out explicitly. There has been some confusion about this among some of our customers that have limited user licenses (for example a 10 user license). The 20 minutes is configurable via IIS, but setting it too short could be quite annoying for users if it times out too quickly.