Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Sync Deployment only doing OD
System
I'm wondering if someone wouldn't mind being my second set of eyes...
OD 6.0.1 w/ DD component
When calling iwodcmd on the attached config file, I'm expecting to see just the database call (since the OD definition call is commented out), but I'm getting files instead.
I'm able to get all the data in just fine with a data-deploy-configuration, but I need to sync it with OpenDeploy.
Am I missing something here or do I need to provide more info?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I just wanted to ping this topic to see if anyone had an idea before it rolled off of the list.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
I haven't used the dbLoader technique - so I'm just guessing here - but perhaps the dbLoader is like a built-in-DNR piece - which would mean that the file deployment aspects of your dataDeployDefinitions (files from Y:\default\main\web\WORKAREA\demo\db to C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\tmp) will still take place and *then* the DD piece kicks in.
If you don't want files deployed from that definition - try adding the following in the source-side filters sections:
<excludePath subPath="."/>
This should prevent any files from being deployed but will hopefully still allow the dbLoader piece to fire off -- though whether the DD piece will see any files to process for data deployment is anyone's guess ....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks, but that didn't do it. What I'm using is OD with the DD module (I'm referring to the environment that you're specifically familiar with, although I don't imagine you'd remember that much detail from earlier this year). It's supposed to couple OD and DD transactionally and is great in theory. I've actually gotten this working a couple of other times in other environments but I wonder if I'm missing something trivial.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
jed
Not totally clear on what you are looking to do, but I have been using dbLoader (for better and sometimes worse) for the past 8 months so I might know the answer. Are you just looking to do the DD without moving files somewhere? If so, add yourself to this FR:
#57077 - OD should optionally allow the supporession of content deployments when using dbLoader
full details
here
:
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
Adam Stoller
Like I said, I haven't used dbLoader, and haven't spent too much time reading about it either.
I've used that exclude directive in an OD config before where I use a DNR to run DD - and that works - but there I'm passing the filelist along to the DNR script myself so it doesn't matter than no files got deployed.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I'm actually looking to sync the two. Currently, it's doing one or the other. Does something look strange in my configuration that could be causing it to do only one?
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9