Hi,
I'm no able to work with Designer 2.2 on Linux, I Run it from Ubuntu 14.10, when i open it i noticed that http://localhost:2910/maven not available to download dependencies in .m2
any one tried 2.2 designer on Linux have steps to run it.
thanks
Designer UI can only be used on Windows OS. It will not work on Linux. You can use CLI portion though of Designer on Linux which can be used to package and deploy applications.
I'm not talking about designer UI , I'm not able to create project in Designer as designer not able to download artifacts from Localhost : 2910 , also whey designer for linux if i will not able to use it for Design UI.
did you tried it ?
Linux Designer is not supposed to be run in GUI mode at all. It has to be used in CLI mode and it can only perform limited operations like Import App, Package App, Deploy App. It is mainly to support scripted deployments. Please check xCP documentation on how to use CLI mode.
If you need to create / develop xCP app, then you have to use Designer on Windows only.
Ok if i want to package application using XCP Designer on Linux also this operation is not working as build not able to download any dependency from localhost : 2910 to build application.
in which documentation can i found this help ?
Take a look at "Packaging using Apache Maven" section in xCP Designer Help:
https://support.emc.com/docu57226_Documentum-xCelerated-Composition-Platform-2.2-Designer-Help.pdf?language=en_US