Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
install_webapps.ipl vs make_toolkit.ipl
ccprofessional
Hi,
What's the difference between these CLTs - install_webapps.ipl and make_toolkit.ipl?
I usually use install_webapps.ipl after any UI changes. When is each recommended?
Thanks!
cc
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
I just saw this thread which talks about the difference:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=54192&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post54192
When I look at the code for make_toolkit.ipl I do not see any reference to install_webapps.ipl (So, I can't believe that make_toolkit does everything that install_webapps.ipl does - as suggested in the above thread)
What is the best practise - which tool should I use under what circumstances? If I run install_webapps.ipl, does it not merge the xmls but just recompiles webapp?
Thanks
Bill Klish
I rarely use install_webapps.ipl unless I have done something to the content center web app through some custom java code that makes things not function correctly anymore. For the most part, as we make customizations to the user interface we always use make_toolkit.ipl.
See the Building the Web Application chapter of the User Interface Customization Guide for more information.