Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Executing iwjobc through an author role
jeetu
Hi,
I want to execute iwjobc through an author role.I know that only masters can execute iwjobc.
I have an scenarion as follows:
User(author) enetrer the data in the DCT and creates a DCR. He then generates the page.In my case i generate multiple HTML pages. After the pages are generated an workflow is kicked and the pages are attached to it. I kick it by executing job spec file(XML) through iwjobc.
#xml file name
my $wftFileName = "E:\\iw-home\\local\\config\\wft\\ABC\\ABC_WF.xml";
#Create WF
my $wf = `E:/iw-home/bin/iwjobc $wftFileName`;
#Invoke WF
my $invokeResult = `E:/iw-home/bin/iwinvokejob $wf`;
i have authors who will be creating the DCR and generating the pages.
Problem here is since they are authors, workflow is not kicked.But if i add the same user to the masters role, then the workflow is kicked.
I need an alternative solution in which with out adding the author to the masters role , i need to kick off the workflow.
I am using TS 6.5 on Windows 2000 server.
Any help in this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Jeetu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dazzlad
Aren't your users smart enough to submit a file?
Darren.
jeetu
Hi Darren,
Thanks for the reply.
My Users are not that smart to understand Interwoven and Submit files.Their task is just to generate pages out of DCR/DCT in the Teamsite.
Hence i need to undestand how can i kick the workflow using iwjobc with authors role.
Thanks &Regards
Jitendra
dazzlad
Well I
don't recommend
this approach and there may be a nicer way to do this, but have a look at
this link
. The idea is to impersonate a master.
Darren.
Adam Stoller
A somewhat simpler (IMO) way to do this would be to kick off a simple WFT that contains a [nested] wftask owned by a hard-coded master userid that will invoke your job description file.
Is there some reason you need to use a job description file instead of a WFT? If you write the code as a WFT and use the tt_data command for it - then as long as the users save and close the DCR they'll be prompted to initiate the workflow and it should all work from there.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com