"No Data To DIsplay"- Reports in xCP 2.1 developer edition

Options
DCM_POC
edited June 11, 2015 in Documentum #1

Hello All,

I am trying to display Bar chat report in xCP 2.1 developer edition. I have created an historical query and configured this query into Bar Chat . At run time I do not see any data being displayed. But "No Data To Display"  is shown.

Does reporting works in developer edition? How can i verify data in BAM tables in developer edition? How can I make sure that event is triggered and data is retrieved on even triggering?

Thanks,

Kalyan

Comments

• BinayGupta
    edited June 2, 2015 #2
    Options

Not sure if you read the complete post for the Dev Edition by Sujan but if I remember it correct there were a few things not supported, BAM and CTS are two things I rememnber.

-BKG

• DCM_POC
    edited June 10, 2015 #3
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Even ,i read in post for Dev edition by Sujan. But, when you run command ./xCPServices.py in Dev edition. It provides you an option to restart BAM server, this confused me.Is there way I demonstrate reporting using Bar chat or pie-chat?

Capture.PNG.png

Thanks,

Kalyan

• nking
    nking E
    edited June 10, 2015 #4
    Options

You can use a realtime query or stateless process to provide the data to the chart widgets.

• DCM_POC
    edited June 10, 2015 #5
    Options

Hi Nick,

I try to implement real time query . It did not work. In designer it throws me an error. I have attached screen shot. Not sure, whether i doing it right? I do remember we have implemented pie-chat through historical queries for one of client. Appreciated if you could suggest.

Capture1.PNG.pngCapture2.PNG.pngCapture3.PNG.png

Thanks,

Kalyan

• nking
    nking E
    edited June 11, 2015 #6
    Options

The datasource (RTQ or stateless process) needs to return a numerical value that you can then select in the 'Values' panel.  It looks like your query only returns form instances.  In this case the RTQ is not suitable because you cannot count / group things (this is where BAM comes into its own).  In your case, you would need to use a stateless process that makes use of a DQL Read activity to query and count / group as needed, and then the outputs of that can be used as the source of the chart.