Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Integrating TeamSite with .Net Web Site
das
Hello all,
I am new to Interwoven. I have gone through some basic documentation about Integrating TeamSite and .NET.
My requirement is to have the .NET web site show the TeamSite documents as a web part (with a tree structure) and a task where new items created on the Web page also getting created in Interwoven (as documents).
Can the gurus here shed some light, Is CS-SDK the feasible solution? What about the WorkSite Web Part (IWOV)
Any links that provide more examples or samples is much appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
CSSDK may not be the best solution. CSSDK provides an interface to perform specific actions on the TeamSite server (i.e. submit a file, kick off a workflow, etc).
However if all you want to do is list the files and directories in TeamSite... you could use the UNC path (\\server\iwserver) to get the list of files and directories in TeamSite. I would assume that the UNC path might be faster than CSSDK.
das
thanks for the reply, using the UNC path and listing the folder structure of TeamSite in the browser seams like a good solution, but I am also looking at a way on how to Intergrate the web site with teamsite, like an action on .NET web site (where the TeamSite tree structure shows up) should trigger an action on TeamSite (like creating a document under one of its folders)
any ideas?
thanks again.
Migrateduser
In that case cssdk is your best bet. You should be able to connect to the Web Services using a "Web Reference" in Visual Studio. From there the CSSDK should be pretty straight forward.
das
Thanks qwerty for the quick reply. I now have some starting points.
One last question: If CSSDK is web services oriented, I will be researching on how to call them asynchronously. I do not want my web page hanging while it tries to access TeamSite.
any ideas on this.
thanks a lot.
ccprofessional
>> If CSSDK is web services oriented, I will be researching on how to call them asynchronously. I do not want my web page hanging while it tries to access TeamSite.
Calling a webservice asynchronously is best achieved on the client side. Maybe you could use an AJAX (asynchronous javascript +xml) framework on your portal/site.
Migrateduser
I would say the best option is having a "Loading..." page.
I know it is not ideal, but there really is no way to know how long it will take the Web Services to return. If there are 100,000+ files in a directory, it will take a while to return with a list. Similarly, if you want to search a Workarea with 1 million files, that will take time.