Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Manipulating VFE content
Jamagui
I'm creating a .tpl that will generate an HTML document. I want to take specific content from the VFE content and use it for one part of my HTML document and then take the rest of the VFE content and use it for another part of the document. Is there a way to grab only parts of VFE content without using Perl?
Jon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't think there is any way to do what you want using the OOTB xml-style PT format.
I suggest you learn Perl - in the long run you'll be happier (IMO) ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
TestReport.rptdesign
Sailesh
Sounds interesting!! You don't want to use Perl or any kind of scripting??
If problem is only with using Perl then can use Javascript.
Haven't tried but should be able to handle content through javascript as well I believe you have to pass the whole content of VFE to a variable and then using javascript pick the part you want.
You can then use document.write to then display it..
kshitiz
There is no way provided by TS templating to do it. You have to build your own logic to grab the VFE content in parts. I will suggest you use PERL to do the same. It should not be difficult if you have a well-defined logic for grabbing. May be you can use reg-ex for this.
Kshitiz Sharma
BT Wholesale | CMS
Mahindra British Telecom
Johnny
We actually use XSLT to clean up the VFE content. It works quite well as we can run the XSLT on the client browser so they can see the clean up as well as in the PT using the supplied xalan processer.
John Cuiuli