EnvironmentTeamSite 6.5 SP1
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 (with DD enabled)
Windows 2003 EE
ScnarioAs in "best practice" fashion, we're versioning all of our customizations and customized config files and such in a TeamSite branch (called "config"). Among those customizations are some jar files for use with DD (tuplepreprocessor) and a custom menu item script for running the config_to_disk [OD] deployment.
Problem-1If we've modified the custom menu item script, and we use it to run the config_to_disk deployment, it fails - somewhat understandably - because it cannot deploy a file that's currently in use (though I would think the .iwnew/.iwold shell-game would obviate this?)
However, this is able to be worked-around by simply running the deployment from the command-line.
Problem-2Despite the fact that the config_to_disk deployment is pure-OD - no DD in use - it appears that the OD service (I'm assuming the server, not the iwodcmd) is latching onto the jar files in IWODHOME/userlib and thus preventing any of those files from being deployed.
Running the config_to_disk deployment from the command line will not be likely to fix this.
I cannot use a DNR script to stop the OD service to release the hold on the jar files in order to complete the deployment - for obvious reasons.
I'm looking for ideas on how to do this - preferably with as little "hacked" code as possible (i.e., is there a switch to pass to iwodcmd to tell it *release* the hold on ODHOME/userlib jar files?)
I suppose I could use a dnrFile script - but unless something has changed since I last looked - there's no way to tell the script exactly which file (that matched the mask) triggered the script - so I'd have to move all the possible files aside with a "before" script, and then use an "after" script to figure out which one's weren't redeployed -- however, since we're running the deployment transactionally - will I be looking for "foo.jar" or "foo.jar.iwnew" to determine if the file I moved aside programmatically needs to be moved back -- (you can see why I'm not really liking this idea too much -eh?)
Any suggestions / proven solutions?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com