How to create Group in documentum with Read Privilege using DQL Script?
Hi,
I don't think you can create a group with such privilege (Experts, if I'm wrong, don't hesitate to tell me).
You have to create a group and add it to the acls your are using. You can't change an acl using DQL but you can using API scripting.
example :
create,c,dm_group
set,c,l,group_name
{name of your group}
set,c,l,owner_name
dm_dbo
set,c,l,is_private
F
set,c,l,globally_managed
set,c,l,group_class
group
set,c,l,description
{description}
save,c,l
retrieve,c,dm_acl where object_name = '{name of your acl}'
grant,c,l,{name of your group},AccessPermit,,3
For more information, try to retrieve the "Content Server API Reference Manual" ; I think it's not available anymore on the EMC website but a quick search on google should find it.
I think you can also set a default group on the dm_type you are using and change the default "Minimum Owner Permission" to Read instead of Browse on your dm_docbase_config (you'll also have to update all your previously created objects) ... But i never tried this solution and I'm not sure it works like that.