Hi,
Environment:
WorksiteMP 4.1 is hosted on an Intel Xeon Server
oracle database 8.0.5.
The technical bottleneck facing is described below:
For dynamically populating the second combo box, I need to submit back to the same page and retain the value of the first combo for showing it as selected. As of now there is no support from worksitemp tag library for passing the selected status for an option tag as an attribute but I can pass the value through the value attribute. So, I can't use the selectInputField tag.
If I choose to use the standard HTML SELECT tag, I can pass the select status but can't pass the value for the option, as EL expression cannot be used for setting the value attribute. Since EL expressions needs to be used in conjunction with <c

ut value="${expr}"/> tags, I can't use it for generating value for the value attribute because of the inherent limitation of XML technology.
Background of application:
Need to dynamically populate certain combo boxes and textboxes by accessing database directly and set a few extended properties for the "project" object while creating every new project. I've already extended the object model and created a few properties such as "Name_of_Company", "Proposal_no" etc. All these properties are only "varchar" in the object model as they need to be dynamically populated by reading a view from oracle database. Therefore I can't use a "Metadata Table" data type for storing these values through the library manager by which only a static list of values can be stored.
The workflow is such that, the add project page will display a dynamically generated list of company names in the company name combo box, and on selecting the company name the proposal no combo box should also get dynamically populated. The other properties are only textboxes and radio buttons which will also get their corresponding values dynamically from the database on selecting the proposal no combo box.
Hence, technically getting stuck for any further development.
I’ll really appreciate any feasible inputs for sorting this out.
Thanks
Bala