Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems installing OD 6.0.2 SP1
mmarano
I'm running OpenDeploy base server 6.0.2 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1. I'm trying to install OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1, and am having no luck. I've already generated the licenses and installed them. When I run the installer, It says it will be installing Service Pack 1 to "OpenDeploy Base Server 6.0.2" and "OpenDeploy Admin Server 6.0.2". I click "yes", and then the installer hangs at the "Stopping Services" popup. I then use the Task Manager to "end task" on the installer. Shortly after I end the task, I get a little windows popup saying:
Interwoven OpenDeploy 6.0.2 Service Pack 1
Setup failed to run installation:
The remote procedure call failed.
When I then open up the Services manager, Interwoven OpenDeploy 60 Service is still running (I'm assuming that's what it can't shutdown). Interwoven OpenDeploy UI Admin is stopped as well as Interwoven Proxy and Interwoven Servlet Engine. This seems totally whacked.
I've been having major problems with OpenDeploy returning a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. Support reccomended that I install SP1 to fix the problem, however the installer won't complete (or start, really). Since all the support technicians are at home sipping brandy and smoking cigars while I sweat it out in the trenches hoping I can figure this out, I thought I'd see if anyone out there had any ideas.
Any help would be appreciated.
Michael
============
Win 2003
TS 6.5 SP2
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1
DataDeploy
MediaBin 4.5.2
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Perhaps the user account your using doesn't have sufficient privileges?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bhargav Coca
Are you installing the OD on the same box as Teamsite? Did you follow the Installation procedure. Try instaling the OD as an Administrator on the box. It should be a simple installation when compared to teamsite. If you are facing some problems, I would suggest you to remove the installation and start it over.
Please post exact error if you face any.
Thanks
mmarano
Well, I've made some progress. I stopped all teamsite services, and all interwoven services running on the machine. I'm now getting further in the installation. I'm now getting problems with the license. I'm going to continue trying to regenerate the license, but I don't know if that will get it.
Validating license d:\iwhome\OPENDE~1\ODSP.lic
ERROR: Invalid license
Error details:
Contents of license file:
\iwhome\OpenDeployNG\ODSP.lic
...
Host domain NoDomain does not match license domain.
This host should be reconfigured or
a different license should be used.
I'm not sure why it's expecting "NoDomain" as opposed to the domain the server is on.
============
Win 2003
TS 6.5 SP2
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1
DataDeploy
MediaBin 4.5.2
Bhargav Coca
Did you use CD for installation or did you download the OD from the support site? I never faced license agreement issues when i tried to install it downloading from the support site. Did you get the license issue figured out?
Thanks
mmarano
I sorted this whole issue out. I stopped ALL interwoven services, and that allowed the installer to run and do its thing.
For my dev server, I had to generate a license with a different domain.
Thanks for your help everyone.
============
Win 2003
TS 6.5 SP2
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1
DataDeploy
MediaBin 4.5.2
Adam Stoller
OD 6.0.2 SP1 (not the vanilla install - the SP install) now requires a license file that is generated from the support site. It's similar in fashion to the new license file that's used by TS 6.5 SP2 (specifically SP2 [and beyond]) where the license information is in a separate file as opposed to being in the iw.cfg file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com