Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How do you pass parameters to a stored procedure?
kk_aa_rf
Hi,
We need to invoke a stored procedure as a part of a Datadeploy (6.x)
The example in the documentation explains:
-------------------------------------------------------
...
<database
use = "db281"
table = "no-table-needed">
<sql user-action="exec_procedure" type="exec-proc">
update_bonus('000010')
</sql>
</database>
....
-------------------------------------------------------
Which is fine with a hardcoded value of '000010' - how do you pass the value of an Item in the DCR instead?
Thanks,
--kk
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think the only way you'd be able to do this would be to wrap the deployment in a script that extracted the desired value from the DCR and then passed it as a command-line variable to the deployment.
I could certainly be wrong - but that's my gut feeling.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kk_aa_rf
I was really looking for a way to not have to write additional code to maintain.
The scenario is that the deployment has an group that is optional. From the documentation, I would mark it as "skip-group-if-null=yes".
However, "skip"ping does not automatically delete earlier inserts.
I was looking to run a stored procedure as a part of the deployment to clean up any such data.
B.T.W, the skip-group-if-null="yes" doesn't seem to work either.