Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Best Practices for comparing versions of an application?
System
I'm working on the design of a Content-Provisioning-like solution (using TeamSite and OpenDeploy) and am stuck on the following:
I'd like to get an exploded archive (.war) into a workarea and then be able to do a TeamSite compare (against staging or an edition) to find the differences between the versions of the app.
Is there a process any of you follow (or would suggest) to enable what I'm looking for? With the initial testing I've done, I always end up with all files in the workarea appearing as modified - which invalidates the compare function.
This is TeamSite 6.1 on Solaris.
Thanks!
Wally
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Use jar -tvf webapp.war file to generate the list of file names and timestamp. You can use this to compare the files in the staging.