Thanks for the reply,But I was actually looking for a functionality where the author chooses the approver at runtime i.e when the workflow is in progress.The example worklflow(serial_approval) does have a functionality where appover is chosen from a list,but that happens at the time of initiation of workflow.Can this be achieved at runtime ?Thanks in advance,Santosh
__TAG__('iw_user');
Oh, I see. Yes, you can do this within the workflow after the job has already been instantiated. It's common use (and best practice in my opinion) to have this done as a separate task but in an external task, you should already have the task declared as an object.$task->SetOwner("xxxxx","userid");where "xxxxx" is your job ID. You could otherwise use the iwsettaskownerandarea command line tool but I prefer the method above.Dave
wrong but I do have trouble admitting when you're right ;-) here is the Perl to which I was referring, in WFtask.pm of course:
Aha, I didn't read the "FM", rather I read the "FP" (fallacious Perl). I have no trouble admitting when I'm wrong but I do have trouble admitting when you're right ;-) here is the Perl to which I was referring, in WFtask.pm of course: sub SetOwner{my ($this, $user) = @_;$this->{xml_valid} = 0;# retrieve the current area (and reuse it)my $area = $this->GetArea();my $ret = TeamSite::WFutils::call_clt( "iwsettaskownerandarea",$this->{id},$user,$area );# ::TODO:: is it OK to let call_clt() run UTF8ToNative_2() on $user ???return (0 == $ret);}
$this
$task->SetOwner(...);
$user
iwsettaskownerandarea
GetArea
=head2 SetOwner($user)We only support User name in ASCII encoding...Modifies the owner of a taskReturns zero on error; non-zero on success.=cut
Well, yes. I think I'm saying that you were right. The comment chunk which I conveniently left out of my last post was the following:=head2 SetOwner($user)We only support User name in ASCII encoding...Modifies the owner of a taskReturns zero on error; non-zero on success.=cut Conflicting, huh? Yeah, well that's Interwoven, isn't it :-) so while at face value, it appears that you need to pass in two variables, it's possible (and perhaps correct) that the task object is implicitly passed in. In this case, when I gave the example of $task->SetOwner('xxxxx","user"), that would have been wrong. That seems to be how this routine is used. Supporting this is the error message one gets when calling this module independent of the task object and passing in only one argument.So, no, I wasn't interpreting it differently. I was perhaps taking it at face value :-)
Please let me know where can I find documentation for the perl modules available in iw-perl\vendor\lib\TeamSite which I can make use in building workflows.
Also the supplemental workflow document mentioned the following"To ease implementation efforts a bit more with respect to this procedure the script, setowner.ipl, has been included with the full distribution of this tutorial. This script gets installed in some place like iw-home/local/bin/".I could not find any such module.Kindly let me know where I can find sample for the same