Calling DQL Statments via Methods(Java/DFC).

Kalyan_Alamuru
edited January 2, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi

I've requirement to run update DQL statements daily to update users groups. I would like to automate this task by putting them in Java of DFC method, So that I can create Job in Documentum Adminstaror to call this method and schedule daily Job.

I'm looking for ideas  or rough instruction how do I proceed with this task. If  some one can provide  examples how do I go with task it would be most welcome.

Thanks in Advance.

Kalyan.

Tagged:

Comments

• JorgKrause
    edited December 31, 2015 #2

Hi,

I just searched for "Documentum job method", and my ancient source code example is still out there

The code hasn't been modified since then, but is still valid. The only thing you should consider modifying is to use IDfModule in addition, this way you don't have to bother about where to copy it, and you don't need to restart the JMS for each new deployment.

In composer, simply create a module with the jar file you build, and specify the module name as the method verb.

Should be straight forward all of it.

The DQL code can be inserted according to your requirements.

Best regards, and Happy New Year

Jørg

• Kalyan_Alamuru
    edited January 2, 2016 #3

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response and sample code, Its much appreciated. The More important thing that you specified which appeals to me is that it doesn't require JMS re-start whenever there is changes to DQL.

Wish you Happy New Year.

Regards

Kalyan.