FTP Read Activity with Provision to move Read file into a Dynamic Path

Options

I am using FTP Read in xCP Desinger 2.2 and was looking forward for a way to provide a dynamic path into the Move to Folder option. It seems to be hardcoded parameter.

Please share if anyone has done a similar implementation.

Tagged:

Comments

• nking
    nking E
    edited February 8, 2016 #2
    Options

Unfortunately it isn't possible.  Can you share your use-case for moving it to a different folder? 

• Singh_Gaganpreet_Pruthi
    edited February 8, 2016 #3
    Options

Hi Nick,

Thanks for looking into it.

Well the precise use case is the customer has 3 party vendor who keeps the data in a FTP server, from where it needs to be read with its properties, and match with some attributes of the workqueue items in the docbase.

Based on match is found or not a new file needs to be generated and placed on the FTP server into the dynamic path which would be determined on two aspects the property values of the file read and the success of the match, Along with that the same file that is read also needs to be moved to that same folder.

• nking
    nking E
    edited February 8, 2016 #4
    Options

It sounds like you would need to write a custom Java Service then that can connect to the FTP server and move files around and put files from the repository.  I would also suggest you raise a feature request to have the OOTB FTP activities enhanced.

• Singh_Gaganpreet_Pruthi
    edited February 8, 2016 #5
    Options

Thanks Nick. I am working on the same approach for now.

Will raise the request as well.

• dnvhariprasad
    edited February 10, 2016 #6
    Options

Based on what I understand.. you can achieve like this.

Activity 1: Download from FTP

Activity 2: (multiple activities) Perform the business logic

Activity 3: Upload to FTP

As long as the target folder exists in the FTP server, you can upload the file using upload to FTP.

The only caveat is that you need to fetch the object (along with properties) and send it back again (if you dont need)

If you dont have concern on the fetches, you can avoid coding.  If you dont want the round trip, then as Nick suggested, java service is the best way.